A DNA Government will:
- Move towards making Grand Bahama the Technology-Hub of the Western Hemisphere.
- Open the island of Grand Bahama up to bidders that wish to develop a technology park and make the atmosphere suitable for the development of a technology park on the island of Grand Bahama.
- Release the findings of the Mckinsey Report commissioned on the viability of the Grand Bahama Port Authority and work quickly on the most viable portions with due haste.
- Create a Grand Bahama Investment desk in the Bahamas Investment Authority to make investment applications for Grand Bahama easier and more efficient.
- Move with haste to break the deadlock on hotel investments in Grand Bahama and move to find suitable buyers immediately.
- Work with The Grand Bahama Port Authority in ensuring they develop Grand Bahama as per their mandate in the Hawksbill Creek Agreement.
- Work with other agencies in Grand Bahama to create other economic zones for the island.
- Strengthen Grand Bahama’s tourism product in West and East Grand Bahama.
- Better promote Grand Bahama as a tourist destination with a viable plan for a resort hotel and a thriving second home market.
- Create a cruise ship port in Hepburn Town, West Grand Bahama which will also accommodate domestic mail boat transport.
- Create a cultural centre where residents can take advantage of the many entrepreneurial opportunities that will abound through tourist activities and spin-off products.
- Re-establish a movie and related business industry (film, sound, editing, production, distribution warehouses, etc.)
- Create a renewable energy park for the manufacturing of renewable energy equipment such as Wind Turbines and Solar Panels at King’s Cove.
Family Island Development
A DNA Government will:
- Move the Ministry of Agriculture and Marine Resources to the island of Andros and maintain a strictly relay base on the island of New Providence.
- Move the Bahamas Agricultural and Industrial Corporation to the island of Grand Bahama and maintain a relay base on New Providence to facilitate communications between North Andros and central Government.
- Create and house the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources on the Island of Inagua with a small relay base on New Providence.
- Make the Inagua base of The Royal Bahamas Defence Force a fully functional headquarters for the Royal Bahamas Defence Force.
- Create a transport and transshipment hub on the island of Mayaguana to service the needs of the Southern islands more readily.